Formatting at Open Time
The secret of good email marketing is getting the right offer to the right person at the right time. And the right time is probably not when you send a marketing email, but when your subscriber opens it
How it works
Triggered Messaging provides real-time "product feeds" for things like trending products and cart contents. They are quite simple to setup:
- You design some HTML as normal to advertize your products, including mail-merge codes for them, or use one of our standard feed layouts.
- Triggered Messaging compiles the HTML, replacing the "real-time bits" with image tags.
- You paste the resulting compiled HTML into an email template in your own ESP, for example a newsletter.
Everything else is automatic:
- Your ESP sends the email to everyone on your marketing list
- When each recipient receives their email, they open it, and Triggered Messaging provides product images for the "real-time" bits.
- When a recipients clicks on a product image, Triggered Messaging redirects them to the right product page on your site.
- For example, the two rows of products in the demo below are product feeds. Each of the product entries is an image formatted by Triggered Messaging from a fragment of HTML with mail-merge codes and a background image. This example is simple, but we're rendering standard HTML on our servers, so your formatting options are unlimited. For example you could show different content depending on the time-or-day, or a count-down until an offer expires.
- This approach requires a lot of server power, which we have. But it's worth it because it works with all ESPs and email clients to give you maximum flexibility.
- The sections labelled "Trending Products: Buy Now or Miss out!" and "These Items Are Waiting In Your Cart" are genuine, real-time products feeds. Look at the HTML and you'll see what's going on.
- Each product entry is rendered as an image, in real-time, including the text for name and price.
- Because Triggered Messaging uses images, these feeds show up-to-the-minute data, and work in emails and web pages.
- How to put a Twitter Feed in Your Emails.
- How to Put a Countdown Timer in Your Emails.
- How to Put Real-Time Product Recommendations in your Emails.
- How to Put Real-Time Web Content in Your Emails.
- How to change your Email Content - even after it's sent!
- How to Design Bulk Emails Using Triggered Messaging Features
- How To Use Real-Time Content in your Email Signature
Interested in using real-time marketing for your company?
Learn how it works with our latest white paper - Segmentation with Real-Time Behavioural Data.